19 October 2009

bealonghorn.com

The University of Texas at Austin
is my dream school. I love the campus. I love the Plan II program. I love Austin, and I love being on campus. I love seeing the tower lit up at night. I love going to football games and chanting along with 80,000 fellow fans.

Last week, I took the plunge. On Monday, I submitted my online application. On Wednesday, I sent in the most precious package in the world to Austin. I sent in my resume, and my portfolio, and a letter of recommendation. Today, I sent in my housing and honors application.

And now its over.

The countless hours, and retyped words I spent on that application are gone. The reformating, redesigning, and reorganizing I spent hours on to make that application the absolute best representation of my self I could, are all gone. The big gold paper clip I combined all of myself with, is gone.

Everything. Gone.

And now comes the scary part. I've done everything within my power, and now my control is taken away. I can no longer switch the sentence orders in my essays. I can no longer add activities to my resume. I can no longer control my application. My application is now controlled by the Office of Admissions. My application, and my admissions decision. I should be nervous, and worried, and impatient. Now, while it is impossible to deny that all of those feelings are incredibly present, I can honestly say they are not my greatest emotion.

Relief.

So, now... we wait. One application down, three to go.

2 comments: