20 December 2009

Christmas break

Today is the first real day of Christmas Break.
Part of me is excited, but when I look at my looming to-do list for the next two weeks, I feel a bit overwhelmed. There are so many things to do and so little time to do them in. I really do feel like I'm missing out on having a "break" by the new switch of finals to after Christmas. I'm going to write a blog about that for the DMN tomorrow though, so hang tight.

The book sits on my desk. or in my backpack. I carry it around and I look at it. Last week, I did not edit chapter one like I was supposed to. Last week, I became overwhelmed and scared and worried by my own words. It was so much easier to write when I didn't have to think about other people reading it. Honestly, i'm terrified of ANYONE reading it. Even though I feel like it might be good, I'm still scared.  I have to decide what that book is meant to be, and moreso what it is meant to DO. I have to decide how it will influence and adjust and compare.

Mostly, I have to write it. I have to rewrite it so that its quality literature. I have to rewrite until I cannot stand my words anymore. Really, I'm starting to understand why people hire editors. But, I'm poor. So, I'll self-edit. Wish me luck, because April 12th I'll (fingers crossed) be sending a finished edited manuscript to publishers)

No comments:

Post a Comment