02 December 2009

Wednesday-Schmendsday

today I added some more cards to my hand.

One day, I went to lunch with my father and he made me cry. In no way did he mean to. In no way was he trying to stress me out. He loves me, and I know that. He is trying to help. He is trying to make my life a little easier. He is trying to help me make the wisest decisions so that I can make good life decisions.

He told me a metaphor about cards. The cards are really colleges. Big scary stiff rude difficult cards. "Kelsey," he told me," you're holding two cards in your hand right now: University of Texas and community college"

and that is why I cried. In the middle of potbelly, I had a breakdown. Despite the hoards of people and the sandwich in front of me, I cried and wiped my nose of brown recycled napkins. I cursed saving the enviornment for its itchy paper, but mostly I cursed myself. I cursed myself for not having money to go to college and having no scholarships.

Honestly, I don't want to go anywhere else. All I want to do is Go to UT and be a longhorn. All I want is to go. But money is an issue. So, I got some more cards. SMU, Carelton College, REed College, Bennington College,MICA, and Yale. I have lots of cards now.

But honestly, I hate all of my other cards. I want to set my other cards on fire.
I submitted two applications today. and I hate both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment